The UNESCO / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme to research on Environment (with particular attention to Water Sciences), Intercultural Dialogue, Information and Communication Technologies and Peaceful conflict resolution
UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme) funded under the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the capacity-building of Human Resources will aim, in particular, to impact on capacity-building and research activities in the following areas:
- Environment (with particular attention to Water Sciences);
- Intercultural Dialogue;
- Information and Communication Technologies; and
- Peaceful conflict resolution.
No other research topics will be considered.
Applicants, a maximum of TWO from each applying National Commission, must meet the following general criteria:
1. Candidates under this Programme must be post-graduate researchers, already holding either an M.A. or MSc. degree (or equivalent) and wishing to pursue research work abroad (preferably in their own region) with a view to enhancing knowledge in one of the four specific fields mentioned in paragraph 0.1 below. Thus, those who are in the process of completing their Master’s degree must have completed it PRIOR to taking up their Fellowship.
2. Candidates must be persons of high intellectual promise who may be expected to make significant contributions to their country on return.
3. Candidates must be no more than 40 years of age. Thus, applicants born before 1 January 1971 will not be considered under the Programme.
4. The selected Fellow must carry out the research under the auspices of an academic supervisor in a host institution. Confirmation of acceptance from the academic supervisor is imperative.
5. Priority attention will be given to:
- Women candidatures
- Candidates from least developed countries (LDCs)
- Palestinian researchers
6. Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study/research.
7. Applicants must be in good health (both physically and mentally).
Closing date for receipt of application: 7 January 2011
Visit official website.
140 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini