The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship at SMART
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre).
The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and most talented doctoral students from Singapore, the region, and beyond and educate them to be future leaders in science and technology for Singapore and beyond. The Fellowship will provide them with the opportunity to be involved in the strategic research programmes at the SMART Centre and provide them with the opportunity to be co-advised by an MIT faculty member. The student may spend up to six months doing research at MIT.
The SMA Graduate Fellowship at SMART provides:
– up to four years of full tuition fees at the student`s home university;
– a monthly stipend of S$3,200;
– a scholarly allowance of up to S$12,000 to help cover the expenses associated with a six month research residency at MIT;
– and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS faculty.
There is no bond associated with this fellowship.
In order to be eligible for an SMA Graduate Fellowship, a student must:
– have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
– be an incoming new PhD student not currently matriculated;
– have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in SMART Interdisciplinary
Research Group (IRG)s. To find out more information on the projects within the IRGs, click on the links below:
• BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM)
• Center for Environmental Sensing and Modeling (CENSAM)
• Future Urban Mobility (FM)
• Infectious Diseases (ID)
Application period: May 17 through July 17, 2010
150 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini