The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award aims to further the education of an eligible female postgraduate student. The award offers a scholarship to meet expenses associated with a doctoral degree or Master by Research. The award will be offered biennially.
Frequency: Once only
Certified copies of each of the following;
- Final undergraduate transcript, research proposal approval letter.
- Australian citizenship certificate or birth certificate.
- A statement of support from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Applicants who have presented conference papers, or published journal articles, whether or not connected with current research, should submit copies of these items with evidence of peer review, if applicable.
- The successful applicant will be notified by mid December.
- The award will be presented at a function of the Karrakatta Club, to be held in the year following selection.
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a report in writing on their work to the members of the executive of the Karrakatta Club, and may be invited to address members of the Club.
- Academic merit
- Research experience
- A female student currently enrolled in a doctoral degree, or a Master by Research at Edith Cowan University, has completed the first year of the degree and has gained formal approval of research proposal.
Level of study:
- Higher degree research (including Masters by Research)
- Australian citizen
Send your completed application for the Dame Mary Gilmore Award to:
The President, The Karrakatta Club
4 Sherwood Court PERTH WA 6000
- Applicants will be judged on the merit of their application.
Application opening date: September 2011
Application closing date: November 2011
Mr Brian Wallis
Secretary, Karrakatta Club
Telephone: (08) 9325 8111
61 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini