PhD Studentships in Sociology and Political Science, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The AISSR constitutes thematically focused research programmes, which have an anchor in one or more of the represented disciplines (Sociology, Geography and Planning, Development Studies, Political Science, and Anthropology). Across these programmatic groups, AISSR encourages multidisciplinary collaboration within and beyond the social sciences.
The AISSR is looking to appoint three PhD students through the so-called Open Round.
The AISSR consists of twelve separate programme groups. The three programme groups that have open PhD positions are:
1. Institutions, Inequalities and Internationalisation (Sociology)
2. Dynamics of Citizenship and Culture (Sociology)
3. Political Economy and Transnational Governance (Political Science).
The three positions are `open` in the sense that people can apply with their own research proposals. Yet it may be that certain programme groups have additional requirements regarding the type of candidate they are looking for. You are highly encouraged to check the AISSR website first in order to find out if your plans meet the programme group`s profile and their specific requirements.
Refer to Programme Group Institutions, Inequalities and Internationalisation
Programme Group Dynamics of Citizenship and Culture
Programme Group Political Economy and Transnational Governance
– Conducting research, publishing the results thereof, and writing a dissertation.
– Teaching in the field of comparative political behaviour (10% of the time).
– Participating in the AISSR PhD program, including following courses.
– Participating in conferences and seminars.
– Completed MA in Sociology, Political Science or another related Social Science
– Selection will be based on the quality of research plan and CV
If, after having carefully checked the website, you have any questions left, please contact Dr. Michiel Baas, PhD Coordinator of the AISSR: Michiel.Baas@uva.nl
The gross monthly salary will be €2042 in the first year increasing to €2612 in the final year, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week). The appointment will be temporary for four years.
For the application requirements: please check the link Application below. Please follow the instructions carefully: incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For the PhD position with Sociology, please send your application BY EMAIL to:
Cristina Garofalo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
for the one with Political Science PhD postion may be send to:
Leila Abouyaala (email@example.com)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JUNE 7 2010 (10:00 hours)
222 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini