- Type of employment: Limit of tenure, 2012-10-31
- Extent: 100 %
- Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), Lund
- First day of employment: 2011-11-01
- Official Records Number: NPA 2011/229
Phd scholarship in GeoBiosphere Sciences towards Quaternary Science at Lund University, Sweden We have an opening for a Phd scholarship for a highly motivated person to join our research group glacial processes, sediments and landform systems, one of the research fields in Quaternary Sciences at Lund University. Internationally, research within glacial geology is fairly intense on subglacial processes which, among other things, are thought to form streamlined terrain (drumlins).
However, the more exact process dynamics behind this is not fully understood. Within this project we therefore want to enhance our knowledge by means of sedimentological studies of Swedish drumlin areas, coupled to geomorphological analysis using digital terrain data. More project details can be received from the contact persons.
We are looking for a person with a Master degree (or equivalent) in Geology/Quaternary Geology or Physical Geography. Good knowledge of glacial sedimentology and geomorphology is required; knowledge of digital remote sensing, GIS and DEM-applications is a further merit. The project will include extensive fieldwork. Thus documented experience/ability of geological field work is required, as is a driving license. Very good knowledge in spoken and written English is expected. The doctoral student is expected to be able to work both independently and within a working group.
Basis of Assessment
Phd scholarship is granted for maximum 12 months full time and will then be transformed into a position as Phd. Regulations for Ph.D. scholarship will be found in SFS regulations 1998:81 (in Swedish). This sholarship can only be appointed to a person eligible for postgraduate studies. Particular emphasis for admission shall be placed upon the applicants ability to successfully complete postgraduate studies, as indicated by academic qualifications and merits. Apart from postgraduate education, the successful applicant may be assigned other duties within undergraduate teaching, research, and administrative work according to special regulations.
The Ph.D. studies are 4 years full time. Application documents must include:
- a letter stating the reasons why you are applying to this particular position and a statement of motivation on why you want to undertake a Ph.D.
- a CV with general personal information and details of previous study/work record
- a pdf file (or a link to downloadable documents) on any relevant publications, including bachelor and master theses
- names and contact information to two reference persons
Deadline : June, 15th 2011
177 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini