EM Food of Life is part of the Erasmus Mundus programme initiated by the European Commission to enhance and promote European higher education throughout the world. The two-year Masters Course builts on the expertise of four European universities:
- University of Copenhagen, UC
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, UAB
- University of Helsinki, UH
EM Food of Life is a cross-disciplinary Masters Course in the science of animal-derived foods. In a unique way, the course combines animal science and food science and technology focusing on social as well as cultural and, of course, scientific aspects of the food production chain.
Through the EM Food of Life Masters Course, you will acquire basic theoretical knowledge, practical techonologies, and research and development methodologies preparing you for a career in the food production industries. You will work with topics such as:
- How to meet increased global requirements for meat and milk products
- How to deal with increased emphasis on product quality, proven health benefits for the consumer
- How to improve animal health and welfare reduced environment impact
As an EM Food of Life student, you must study in two of the consortium partner countries. If you hold an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, these two countries must be different from the country in which you obtained your last university degree. You will also have the opportunity for a shorter study period in Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand or Italy. The course is taught in English and leads to the award of a Double Degree (120 ECTS) in animal science and/or food science disciplines, depending on the choice of institutions. The EM Food of Life Double Degree includes a Diploma Supplement providing a detailed description of the chosen tracks and modules.
Every year 17-20 scholarships are available for Non-EU students (24.000 EUR/year) and EU students (10.000 EUR/year).
- Category A Scholarships for Third-Country nationals: Total € 48.000 EUR
- Category B Scholarships for European nationals and others complying with the 12 months rule: Total € 20.000
Category A scholarships can be awarded to masters students from all countries other than the 27 EU member states and the EEA-EFTA states: Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway. Furthermore, you must comply with the 12 months rule: you must not be a resident nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
Category B scholarships can be awarded to any masters students who do not fulfil the category A criteria defined above, i.e. nationality requirement and 12 months rule.
The EM Food of Life Masters Course is open to non-EU and EU students.
- A good first university degree within relevant discipline (animal science, food science or technology, other biological science)(weight 60%)
- High proficiency in English: IELTS score: 6.0 TOEFL score: 560/IBT 83 (weight 10%)
- Strong personal statement of motivation (weight 10%)
- Good recommendations from two references, of which at least one is academic (weight 10%)
- Relevant work experience (weight 10%)
How to apply?
You can download application forms here: Category A application form. Category B application form. Application Deadline (for the academic year 2012/13)is 1 December 2011 – for both Category A and B applicants.
All applications must be complete by submission. Only one enclosure has an extended deadline: IELTS or TOEFL test report can be submitted at the latest 14 days after deadline. Thus, it will be a good idea to make the agreement with your test centre that they will be able to provide us with the report before this date. The test reports must always by sent from the test centre in question directly to the education institution, i.e. this Secretariat. Please be aware that, due to the very many incoming applications, it is not possible to acknowledge the receipt of your application. If you wish to be sure that your application reaches this office before deadline, we recommend you to send it by courier`s bag. Once the assessment process has been concluded by the end of February, all applicants will be informed on the status of their application.
For further information concerning the application process, please visit the following link.
281 kali dilihat, 2 kali dilihat hari ini