The international Doctoral Program in Energy Science is offered to provide foreign students and researchers, who have a Master’s degree (or equivalent), an opportunity to further their studies toward a Doctoral degree at Kyoto University. In this Doctoral Program, Japanese proficiency is not required since students can obtain the necessary credits by choosing ones among a variety of subjects presented in English and their research works are also supervised in English. An evaluation of eligibility for admission will be made on the basis of the documents submitted to our School Affairs Office.
Eight students will be admitted each year with a scholarship from the Japanes Government.
* Allowance: 155,000 to 158,000yen per month for at most 36 months (subject to change
depending upon the annual budget of each year)
* Travel to and from Japan: Economy-class round trip airfare
* School fees: Exemption from the entrance and tuition fees
# Nationality: Any of the countries with which Japan has official diplomatic relations
# Age:under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2011
# Academic qualifications: Master’s degree or equivalent (by the end of September, 2011)
# Language ability: Good command of English (Japanese is not required)
Document for Applciation
For enrollment in October, 2011, the following documents must arrive before November 15, 2010 at our School Affairs Office (address given below).
* Application forms, including the Certificate of Health, which can be downloaded from our homepage (see below)
* Official document verifying nationality
* Certificates: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees (or equivalents)
* Official academic records: Undergraduate and graduate levels
* Recommendation letters: Dean of the graduate school and supervisor (undergraduate and/or graduate) and head of the employing organization (if currently working)
* Research plan / List of scientific publications / Brief description of academic achievements
* A copy of Master’s Thesis (or equivalent)
* A copy of an official GRE (General test), TOEFL or TOEIC test score, taken within the last 24 months
To ensure a successful Application
Each applicant should contact his/her prospective supervisor at Graduate School of Energy Science Kyoto University before applying.
Notification of Decision
The applicants will be informed of the result of the 1st stage selection by Kyoto University by around the end of March, 2011. The selected applicants will then be recommended to the Japanese Government as applicants for the scholarship. Applicants will be informed of the final result by around the end of April, 2011.
Any inquiry can be accepted at
School Affairs Office
The Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University
Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
230 kali dilihat, 2 kali dilihat hari ini