The Governor-General’s Indigenous Student Teacher Scholarships are a prestigious award that will assist one Indigenous student in each state and territory to undertake teacher education studies at university. The scholarships will provide $25,000 per year to successful recipients for the life of their teaching degree (up to 4 years).
Frequency: Yearly (for up to four years)
To be eligible for a GGISTS, the applicant must:
* be an Indigenous Australian
* have completed Year 12 or equivalent, or mature age requirements
* be enrolled in, or have been accepted into, a higher education institution undergraduate teacher education course
* have 2 referee reports (see template)
* have the potential to acquire a teaching degree and take up a position as a teacher
Level of study:
* UG – Undergraduate Bachelor Courses
Year of study:
* Education and Arts
* School of Education
* Full-time (undergrad & Post grad)
* Australian Citizen
For the purpose of the scholarships, the student’s state or territory is their home location, not the state or territory in which they are already or will be studying.
* compliance with eligibility requirements
* the applicants responses in the application form
* supporting referee reports (see template)
* evidence that the person is enrolled in a teaching course
Application opening date: March 2011
Application closing date: April 2011
If you have any further questions about the Governor-General’s Indigenous Student Teacher Scholarships please visit the Indigenous Student Teacher Scholarships website.
209 kali dilihat, 2 kali dilihat hari ini