The Fogarty Foundation in conjunction with ECU offers a number of full and half scholarships for qualified teachers to undertake a Graduate Certificate of Education, specializing in Learning Difficulties. The course is designed to address the need for classroom teachers, specialist teachers and educational leaders to upgrade their skills and qualifications to meet the needs of students who find literacy and numeracy difficult.
The Graduate Certificate, which requires four units of study, articulates into the Masters of Education course. Successful graduates of the Graduate Certificate of Education (Learning Difficulties) may apply for a half scholarship to complete the Masters of Education (specializing in Learning Difficulties) course. The scholarships provide funding for unit fees.
* Academic merit
* Be teaching, working or studying in the WA education system
* Meet the course admission requirements
* Enroll in eligible course (H08 or H84)
Level of study:
* Postgraduate Certificate or Masters by coursework
* Education and Arts
* Graduate Certificate in Learning Difficulties (H84)
* Masters of Education by Coursework (H08)
* Australian citizen
* Australian permanent resident visa
* A commitment to working with children who literacy and/or numeracy difficulties
* A demonstrated high-level of competence in classroom teaching and/or supporting teachers working with students with learning difficulties
* A commitment to the principles of inclusivity
* Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and parents
Amount: up to $1200 per unit of study
Frequency: Each semester for one year
Method: Fee credit
Application opening date: October 2010
Application closing date: January 2011
Visit official website.
340 total views, 1 views today