The Computer Science STEM Scholarship (CSS)
A competitive scholarship program for undergraduate students majoring in Computer Science. The award is for $1000 per trimester in tuition to be applied toward specific courses required in the Computer Science Major. View the CSS Scholarship Application for deadlines and requirements.
General Scholarship Requirements:
- Undergraduate students attending Franklin University who are majoring in Computer Science and have completed COMP 111.
- Along with this cover sheet, you must submit a typed essay (no more that two pages long) describing what you understand the field of computer science to be, explaining you are interested in this major, and describing your career interests and goals.
- You must also submit or have on file at Franklin transcripts from previous academic work: college transcript if you have 20 or more semester hours at the post-secondary level, both high school and college transcripts if the student has fewer than 20 semester hours at the post-secondary level.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have a 3.00 gpa in major courses.
- Potential to be renewed during the academic year based on eligibility criteria.
Deadline: December 21, 2010 for Winter 2011
Please submit completed application to:
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43215-5399
or fax to 614.255.9478
Eligible Courses for Use of Computer Science STEM Scholarship Funds
- COMP 121 Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms I
- COMP 201 Principles of Computer Organization
- COMP 202 Principles of Computer Languages
- COMP 203 Principles of Operating Systems
- COMP 204 Principles of Networks
- COMP 294 Computer Science Practicum I
- COMP 311 Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms II
- COMP 321 Application Server Programming
- COMP 394 Computer Science Practicum II
- COMP 461 Enterprise Software Architecture
- COMP 486 Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- COMP 495 Computer Science Practicum III / Capstone
- MATH 170 Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 180 Applied Calculus
- MATH 380 Probability and Statistics
221 kali dilihat, 2 kali dilihat hari ini