VLIR-UOS Masters Degree Scholarships for Developing Countries
VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from developing countries so that they can follow a master or training programme in Belgium. These scholarships cover all related expenses. Every year, VLIR-UOS awards up to 180 scholarships to first-year master students and 70 scholarships to training participants. All programmes are specifically designed for people in positions of responsibility in civil society (e.g. universities, schools, NGOs, local communities, governments).
VLIR-UOS funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries, which aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development. As part of the Flemish Interuniversity Council, VLIR-UOS is responsible for managing and dispersing the university development cooperation funds of Belgium`s Minister of Development Cooperation.
Academic universities in Belgium:
- Universiteit Antwerpen
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Universiteit Gent
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Universiteit Hasselt (tUL inclusief)
International Training Programmes 2011
- AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
- Beekeeping for Poverty Alleviation
- International Training Programme in Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis
- Lib@Web – Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries
- Technology for Integrated Water Management
International Master Programmes 2011-2012
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Human Settlements
- International Master Programmes 2011-2013
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Biology – Specialisation Human Ecology
- Master of Biostatistics
- Master of Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Food Technology
- Master of Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans & Lakes)
- Master of Molecular Biology (IPMB)
- Master of Nematology
- Master of Nutrition and Rural Development,Main Subject: Human Nutrition
- Master of Physical Land Resources
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
Application and selection procedure
Applicants applying for both academic admission and a VLIR-UOS scholarship need to consider both the admission requirements and the scholarship criteria.
Applicants applying for academic admission but not for a scholarship simply need to fulfill only the admission requirements of the host university running the programme. The host university is in charge of the academic admission of applications. Study results will be taken into consideration during the selection, but the most important academic selection criteria are relevant professional experience and prospects for applying the acquired insights after return to the developing country. The academic admission requirements are specific to every programme.
A joint selection committee of VLIR-UOS and the host university is responsible for selecting scholarships. The host university – not the applicant – forwards the scholarship applications to the VLIR-UOS secretariat if the academic admission requirements are met. The VLIR-UOS scholarship criteria relate to the qualifications required of all scholarship applicants and selection criteria evaluated by the selection committee.
Only residents and nationals of the following countries are eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship:
Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Palestinian Administered Areas, Philippines, Vietnam
Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Surinam
This is how you apply for the academic year 2011-2012
You can apply for a VLIR-UOS scholarship from the 1st of October 2010.
You must fill in the pre-screening form at the bottom of the page of the programme you want to follow. You may only choose one programme. If you apply to more than one programme your details will be entered more than once in our central database and all your applications will be inadmissible.
So you must follow the correct and complete procedure below.
- Apply on the VLIR-UOS website via the pre-screening form: fill in name, birth date, country, etc…;
- Receive a VLIR-UOS application/file number by return e-mail from VLIR-UOS;
- Apply on the website from the host university through the link mentioned in the return e-mail from VLIR-UOS;
- Write the received VLIR-UOS application/file number on the application file from the host university;
- Send a printout of your application file along with all required documents (diploma transcripts, motivation, etc…) to the International Office of the host university, not to VLIR-UOS.
Applications that are incomplete, illegible or that reach the host university`s International Office after the deadline will be automatically rejected.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship from VLIR-UOS for a master programme is the 1st of February 2011.
Leaflet Scholarships VLIR-UOS – intake 2011.pdf
Poster Scholarships VLIR-UOS – intake 2011.pdf
185 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini