Position for a PhD Grant.
Laboratory for Protein Biochemistry and Biomolecular Engineering -L-PROBE-
Department Biochemistry and Microbiology
(Fac. of Sciences-Ghent University)
The Proteomics unit of the Laboratory for Protein Biochemistry and Biomolecular Engineering opens a PhD position in its research to understand the molecular mechanisms of type II secretion by bacteria. This project is a joint effort between the Structural Biology group of Prof. S. Savvides and the Proteomics unit headed by Prof. B. Devreese. The aim of this position is to use state-of-the-art proteomic technology to analyse the `secretome` of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Burkholderia cepacia.
The position is immediately available, but starting date can be discussed.
1. You have a master degree in Biochemistry-Biotechology or related. (minimally a degree of `distinction` or equivalent is required).
2. Students that are likely to obtain this degree before October 2010 are invited to sollicitate as well.
3. You are strongly interested in scientific research and you are a team player.
4. Experience in protein biochemistry, proteomics and/or microbiology are preferred.
5. A strong interest in (bio)informatics is recommended.
6. You are interested to apply for a PhD grant to the Flemish research agencies IWT or FWO.
For more information and for application, please mail to Bart.Devreese@UGent.be. Sollicitation letters, incl. CV can be send electronically.
230 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini