Visiting Fellowship – Call for Applications
The Governance of Clean Development Project (www.clean-development.com)
The Governance of Clean Development (GCD) Project is now inviting applications
for the second of its visiting fellowships, offering the opportunity for a
practitioner or academic to work alongside the GCD team at the University of
East Anglia (UK) on a topic relating to governance of clean development in the
area of energy.
What is included in the fellowship?The selected candidate will be based at the
University of East Anglia (UEA) for a period of a month or more during 2011 at a
time to be agreed. The candidate will work closely with the GCD team to produce
an agreed output on a theme relevant to the research programme on clean energy
development. This will include opportunities for meetings with key actors in
clean energy governance in London and at the Tyndall Centre, conference
participation and exchange of ideas with senior academics in the School of
International Development and other schools at UEA. The fellowship includes
international and UK travel costs, visa, insurance, accommodation in UK and a
small per diem. Salary replacement costs are not covered.
The Visiting Fellow will be expected to engage with the GCD team and other
members of the department, present a seminar at the School of International
Development and prepare a paper for the GCD Working Paper Series
Who can apply?
The visiting fellowship scheme is open to academics and practitioners working on
topics relating to the governance of clean energy. Candidates from India,
Argentina and South Africa are particularly encouraged to apply, since these are
the countries where we are doing most of our field work, but we are open to
applications from candidates working in relevant areas from across Asia, Africa,
Latin America and the Caribbean.
How to apply?
To be considered for the Visiting Fellowship, candidates should submit the
* Proposal (maximum 3 pages) detailing the work you would conduct during the
fellowship, how this is relevant to the themes of the GCD project and how the
fellowship would benefit you and your work.
* CV including the names and full contact details of two referees that can be
contacted in the event that your application is short-listed
* Applications should be sent to Jon Phillips (email@example.com)
* Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone
When to apply?
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 7th February 2011. If you are in any
doubt as to the relevance of your work to the themes of the GCD project please
contact us in advance of this date..
Themes of the GCD Project
We are keen to solicit proposals that relate to the following themes but are
open to suggestions from potential fellowship candidate about how their work
might fit with the research interests of the GCD Project:
* The governance of the CDM at the international level
* National and local level case studies of CDM governance or the governance of
clean energy beyond the remit of the CDM
* The role of international initiatives in the area of clean development and
clean energy (APP, REEEP, IRENA, PCF)
* The role of the World Bank in clean development
* The role of key regional actors (regional development banks, regional
institutions such as the EU, ASEAN, SADC)
* Sector specific cases of clean development and clean energy governance
* The role of business and civil society actors in the governance of clean
* The politics and governance of clean energy transitions (sectoral or
* Studies of the politics of tackling energy poverty and promoting clean
For more information on the GCD project, visit www.clean-development.com
Prof Peter Newell
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ – ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke firstname.lastname@example.orgYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
53 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini