‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships
University of Bath – School of Management
To help support the University of Bath’s world-class research environment and to provide doctoral training for outstanding individuals seeking specifically to pursue professional academic careers, the School of Management is seeking applications for its ‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships.
The nature of the funding stipulates that ‘Overseas’ PhD Studentships (worth approximately £26,000 per annum for 3 years (overseas tuition fees, maintenance and training support grant)) are open to candidates from anywhere in the world (outside the EU) who have both (i) exceptional academic qualifications and (ii) a strong commitment to acquiring a professional research training to become management academics.
Research interests in any field of management will be considered, from exceptional candidates from anywhere in the world (outside the EU), and from any prior disciplinary background. Applications are welcomed from genuinely outstanding graduates who:
- Must hold at a minimum a bachelor degree (a First or Upper-second or GPA equivalent)
- Are fluent in English.
- Are strongly committed to, and potentially capable of, high-quality academic research in any of the Subject Groups of the School.
If you are suitably qualified, you should apply directly online https://secure.bath.ac.uk/prospectus/cgibin/applications.pl, attaching without fail as additional documents ALL of the following:
1. A single document containing each of the following and in this order:-
- A statement confirming that you are applying for an Overseas PhD Studentship.
- A statement up to 100 words of why you think you should be awarded a studentship.
- The names of at least two, but preferably three, School of Management faculty members that you think might be appropriate doctoral supervisors for your research interests.
- A statement up to 200 words of which Subject Group of the School to which you wish to make a research contribution and why you think you will succeed in making such a contribution.
- An additional statement up to 200 words of why you want to pursue a career as a professional management academic.
2. An original preliminary research proposal developed and written by yourself.
3. A full academic CV, including all schools, colleges and universities attended, along with all grades and other verifiable evidence of academic ability and achievement, plus any working experience, plus the full contact details of at least two academic referees who will be prepared to give academic references at possibly short notice, and a statement of willingness to be interviewed if short-listed, and proof of English fluency (for non-native English speakers only).
4. Copies of official academic achievements in undergraduate degree classification and master degree award if available, plus copies of official transcripts of all degree subjects taken, proof of English fluency (nonnative English speakers only), and GRE, GMAT, GPA scores if available.
Applications that do not supply all of the above items in full will NOT be considered, so do please be sure to send ALL of the requested items.
Closing date for applications: 30th December 2011
All applicants are advised to view the School’s webpages: http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/
Applicants must be seeking to earn a PhD on a full-time basis and be a new PhD student to the School of Management. Annual continuation of studentships will depend on satisfactory academic performance by holders.
For any queries please contact: Graduate Division, School of Management, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, United Kingdom. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 44 (0) 1225 386714/386162.
£26,000 approx. per annum for three years from October 2012
70 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini