The NSS (BS) funds undergraduate studies at top overseas universities in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering disciplines. The scholarship provides opportunities to work in some of the world’s best research institutes (RIs) and learn from the best scientific talents in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Upon successful completion of undergraduate studies and a one-year research attachment in A*STAR RIs, scholars will be further supported for PhD studies.
- Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Excellent results for GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School diploma or equivalent
- Candidates are expected to sit for SATs prior to, or during the course of their application, and score as follows:
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science- or math-related projects and activities
– SAT I – 2100 minimum
– SAT II – 1400 minimum
For Outgoing ‘A’ Level Curriculum
- Candidates should have at least 4 distinctions in relevant ‘A’ level subjects and at least 1 ‘S’ paper merit
For candidates on GCE ‘A’ Level syllabus
- Candidates must offer 11 units or more
- Attained As in three H2 Science or Mathematics subjects
- Graded at least merit in one H3 Science or Mathematics subject
- Those without relevant H3 subjects must have A3 in four H2 Science and Mathematics subjects.
For candidates on International Baccalaureate (IB) syllabus
- Obtained at least 39 points including 6,7,7 in higher level for Science and Mathematics subjects (exception will be made if candidate took Further Maths)
- Attained at least 1 bonus point for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge
For candidates from NUS High School of Mathematics and Science
- Attained subject CAP of 3.60 and above, majoring in at least 3 of the following sunjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (one of which must be with Honours)
- Graded at least merit for their final year research project.
Successful candidates will be given support for undergraduate study, comprising*:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Annual book allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing allowance and settling-in allowance
*Rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
The NSS (BS) scholarship comes with a six-year service commitment comprising:
- A compulsory 1-year research attachment* at an A*STAR Research Institute between the BS and PhD studies.
- Five years at A*STAR’s Research Institutes upon completion of PhD studies.
*NSS(BS) scholars who have completed their undergraduate studies may be considered for the Duke-NUS GMS MD PhD programme on a highly competitive basis. A*STAR will fund only the PhD phase of the MD-PhD programme, subject to scholars meeting the yearly academic requirements during the MD phase. Interested scholars must notify A*STAR and submit their application to A*GA in advance.
Scholars shorlisted and approved by the A*STAR interview panel will then apply to GMS for admission. Upon successful completion of the MD/PhD programme and housemanship, scholars may be considered for clinical specialist training in Singapore, subject to their academic performance, aptitude and research needs of A*STAR.
NSS(BS) scholars who wish to pursue other MD-PhD programmes must notify and obtain approval from A*STAR before applying for admission into the programme.
To apply for NSS (BS), click here to find the application form. Please submit application form with supporting documents by post to:
Applications deadline is 31 March 2011. All hardcopies and supporting documents to reach us by 31 March 2011, 23:59. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officers:
82 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini