Up to 15 scholarships may be available in 2011 to outstanding international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in any academic discipline. Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for the normal duration of the program. The sole selection criteria for the Adelaide Fee Scholarships International (AFSI) will be academic merit. Unlike the IPRS, the AFSI applicants do not need to be applying to an area of research strength in the University. The Research Priority Areas of the University will be taken into consideration when awarding these scholarships.
Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year. Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in internationally refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive. Generally AFSI recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
Conditions AFSI Scholarships
* AFSI Scholarships will be awarded strictly on academic merit. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
* Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
* Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
* International applicants are not eligible for an AFSI if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply for an AFSI in the previous calendar year.
* International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting English language proficiency requirements by the closing date are not eligible for an AFSI.
* International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
* Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
* Scholarships are available for the normal duration of the program, subject to satisfactory progress. For students enrolled in a PhD, extensions beyond three years and six months require the approval of the Graduate Scholarships Committee and would only be approved in exceptional circumstances.
* Scholarships holders must commence study at The University of Adelaide in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2011. No AFSI may be commenced after 30 September.
* Scholarship winners will not be permitted to defer commencement until 2012.
* Applicants who applied in previous international scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
* There is no separate application process for Adelaide Fee Scholarships International (AFSI). An application for admission to the University in 2011 will constitute an application for a scholarship in this instance.
We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Current status: Open for 2011 intake.
Postgraduate Research Application Form:
2011 major round (for students commencing in semester 1 or 2 2011): 31st August
59 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini