The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) has generously provided SOAS at least two bursaries for students undertaking a full-time postgraduate Korean Studies programme. The value of each bursary is £6,000 maximum and may only be used towards the cost of tuition fees. Living costs are not available as part of the award. The duration of the bursary is for one year.Important information for MPhil/PhD candidates
The AKS bursary is for one year only and is not renewable. Candidates undertaking an MPhil/ PhD may reapply but please note that priority will be given to new applicants.
Preference will be given to applicants on the following full-time programmes of study:
- MA Korean Studies
- MA Korean Literature
- MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research (new admissions)
- MA History of Art (students taking three units, including dissertation, in Korea-related subjects)
Applicants on the following programmes of study may also apply, but will not be given preference:
- MPhil/ PhD Korean Studies Research (previous admissions)
- Any other postgraduate degree related to Korean Studies (please define your pathway)
- Full-time programmes only, part-time programmes are not eligible
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a full-time postgraduate Korean Studies programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members from the Centre of Korean Studies
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (GMT) on 24 May 2013.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission (http://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/pg/) well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Number of applications normally received
Notification of Results
All candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by mid-July. The successful candidate will also be notified in writing. If you have not had a response to your application by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Scholarship Application Procedures
A scholarship application pack, which consists of an application form, guidance notes and reference form, is available for download @ official website or can be obtained from:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091/5094
If you have any questions about the bursary application, please contact the Scholarships Officer. For information about Korean Studies at SOAS, please contact Professor Jae Hoon Yeon (email@example.com) or Dr Anders Karlsson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Centre for Korean Studies. Please do not contact these academics with questions related to the scholarship.
89 kali dilihat, 2 kali dilihat hari ini